“Come summer, there’s nothing like a long, ice-cold cocktail – this raspberry ginger combo rocks ”
- 2 handfuls raspberries
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- 1 good handful fresh mint leaves
- 5 cm piece fresh root ginger , peeled and roughly chopped
- ice cubes
- 8 shots vodka
- 660 ml ginger beer
- Place the raspberries in a large sturdy jug and add the sugar, mint leaves and chopped ginger. Put one end of a wooden rolling pin into the jug and gently bash or ‘muddle’ it for a couple of minutes until the leaves have broken down and everything is mashed together.
- Add a couple of big handfuls of ice cubes and bash again to break down the ice a little. Top with the vodka and ginger beer and give it all a good stir. Serve your lovely pink cocktail in glasses with an extra couple of raspberries and a few mint leaves.
Source: Jamie Oliver