“Classic clafoutis is made with cherries, but I love this store cupboard version with tinned peaches ”
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 3 large free-range eggs , beaten
- 450 ml milk
- 1 whole nutmeg , for grating
- 50 g butter
- 400 g tinned peach halves in juice , drained
- good-quality vanilla ice cream , to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7. In a bowl, add the flour, salt and 3 tablespoons of caster sugar to the beaten eggs. Mix well, then put aside. Warm the milk in a saucepan until lukewarm, then stir this into the egg mixture. Grate in about ¼ of the nutmeg.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish with butter, put the drained peaches on the bottom then pour the egg batter over them. Dot the remaining butter on top in little knobs.
- Pop in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the egg has set but still has a slight wobble to it. Sprinkle over the remaining caster sugar and serve with a good spoonful of ice cream on the top. Absolutely delicious!
Source: Jamie Oliver