“With lovely cocktail flavours and a bit of booze, this fruit salad is definitely for the grown-ups ”
- 1 bunch fresh mint , leaves picked
- 3 limes , finely grated zest and juice of
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- white rum , to taste
- ¼ large watermelon , peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 ripe mangoes , stoned and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 ripe pineapple , peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- In a very clean pestle and mortar, bash most of the mint leaves with the finely grated lime zest. Add the sugar, a good lug of rum and the lime juice, then mix again gently. Have a taste and add a touch more sugar if you think you need to, but bear in mind the fruit may be quite sweet.
- Toss the fruit together in a bowl with a little of the mojito mixture, then spread it all out on a big plate. Spoon the rest of the mixture over the top, decorate with a few torn-up mint leaves and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver