“Poppadoms are great dipped in this mango chutney, or just dollop a bit on your favourite curry ”
- 1 splash vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic , finely sliced
- 1 pinch cumin seeds
- 2 tomatoes , peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 ripe mango , peeled and diced
- 1 small handful dried apricots , torn or roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lime , zest and juice of
- Heat a stainless-steel saucepan and add a splash of vegetable oil. Fry the garlic until light brown, add the cumin seeds, the tomatoes, the tamarind paste, the mango chunks, the apricots and the brown sugar. Turn the heat down and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or so, or until the chutney reduces and thickens slightly.
- Taste and season with more salt, sugar or lime juice if necessary, and put to one side to cool. Add a little grated lime zest before serving.
Source: Jamie Oliver