“Fruit smoothies make a really nutritious breakfast for kids and grown-ups alike ”
- 3 kiwi fruit
- 4 tablespoons organic porridge oats
- 1 banana
- 8 ice cubes
- 200 ml organic milk
- 250 g organic fat-free natural yoghurt
- ½ cm piece fresh ginger , finely grated
- honey , optional
- Smoothies are usually the easiest way of encouraging your kids to try different types of fruit. Simply decide on a good combination of flavours, whiz it all up and drink! Kids will love to get involved with making these.
- Top and tail the kiwi fruit and stand them on their ends. Slice the skin off in vertical strips with a sharp knife. Whiz the kiwi fruit with the remaining ingredients, apart from the honey, in a blender for 30 seconds and pour into 4 tall glasses. Sweeten with a little honey, if you like.
Source: Jamie Oliver