“I love making this fun, easy dessert with the kids, it’s great for getting creative! ”
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar or caster sugar
- 4 handfuls strawberries , stalks removed
- 6 plain scones
- 1 tub good-quality vanilla ice cream
- Put the sugar in a saucepan and add just a few tablespoons of water. Add the strawberries and turn on the heat. Cook them gently, just until they soften and start to release their sticky red juices. Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Slice the scones in half and put 2 pieces in each bowl (1 piece for very young children). Spoon a few strawberries over the top and a dollop of ice cream alongside.
- Give each child a bowl and show them how to smush the strawberries into the ice cream and then the scone before eating.
Source: Jamie Oliver