“I love the stickiness of the fruit filling combined with the chewy, crunchy top of this plum crumble ”
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g butter
- 175 g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 100 g oats
- 400 g kiwi fruits , peeled
- 600 g plums , stoned
- 1-2 pieces jarred stem ginger , finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod , seeds of
- 1 apple , very finely sliced
- This fruity little number is always a big hit in my house. Feel free to vary the fruit to match the season.
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Whiz the flour, butter and 75g of the sugar together in a food processor and tip into a bowl. Rub the oats into the mix with your fingers and set aside.
- Chop the kiwis and plums into chunks and toss in a bowl with the stem ginger, remaining sugar and vanilla seeds.
- Spoon into a large ovenproof dish, cover with slices of apple and heap the crumble topping on top. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top. Serve with cream or crème fraîche, if you like.
Source: Jamie Oliver