“Prep this easy-peasy muesli bircher the night before and wake up to a bowl of breakfast goodness. ”
- 5 cm piece of ginger
- 8 large handfuls of rolled porridge oats
- 2 large handfuls of ground bran
- 1 handful of desiccated coconut
- 5 handfuls of dried fruit , such as banana, apricots, pineapple, mango, papaya, kiwi
- 1½-2 litres milk
- 500 g natural yoghurt
- Peel and finely grate the ginger into a large bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, chopping any larger pieces of fruit first, and mix well to combine.
- Cover and pop in the fridge overnight to soak and swell.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit – delicious with sliced banana, grapes and finely grated lime zest. Any leftovers will keep happily in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Source: Jamie Oliver