“One mouthful of this exotic fruit salad recipe with mint sugar and you can almost feel the sunshine! Refreshing, zingy and perfect for a hot summer day. ”
- ½ a pineapple
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 papaya
- 2 kiwi fruit
- ½ a lime
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint , (15g)
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 200 g yoghurt
- Trim the outside skin off the pineapple and cut out the hard core that runs down its centre. Lay it on a chopping board and cut it into chunks with a sharp knife. Place in a bowl.
- Cut the flesh of the mango off the stone and scoop out the flesh from the skin with a spoon. Place into the bowl with the pineapple. Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the black seeds inside. Scoop the fruit out of the skin in the same way as with the mango. Place into the bowl.
- Top and tail the kiwi fruit, then, sitting it on one of its flat ends, trim the furry skin off with a sharp knife. Slice the kiwi and place into the bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over your fruit.
- Take four plates and divide the fruit between them. Pick the mint leaves and pound most of them with the sugar in a pestle and mortar or a flavour shaker. Spoon a little yoghurt over the top of each plate and sprinkle over the mint sugar and the rest of the mint leaves and serve.
Give your fruit a squeeze before you buy it to make sure it’s just soft and ripe.
Source: Jamie Oliver