“This strawberry martini is utterly, mouthwateringly fruity and perfect for summer parties ”
- 1 splash of dry vermouth
- 2 handfuls of sweet ripe strawberries , preferably wild ones, hulled
- 1 sprig of fresh mint , leaves picked
- 2 handfuls of ice cubes
- 150 ml gin or vodka
- Chill two martini glasses and your cocktail shaker in the freezer for half an hour until really really cold.
- Put a few drops of dry vermouth into each glass and swirl it around. Put 3 strawberries into the bottom of each glass – if they’re big ones, cut them into pieces first.
- Throw the remaining strawberries and the mint into the cold cocktail shaker and squash them with the end of a rolling pin. Add the ice cubes and the gin or vodka, put the top on and shake it about. Strain into your two martini glasses.
Source: Jamie Oliver