“This easy stewed rhubarb recipe is really versatile and tastes great on porridge and ice cream too ”
- 750 g rhubarb , trimmed and chopped
- 1 large orange , juice and zest of
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 pieces stem ginger , finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod , halved lengthways
- 250 ml natural yoghurt
- This easy stewed rhubarb recipe is really versatile and tastes great on porridge and ice cream too.
- Place the chopped rhubarb in a medium-sized saucepan with the orange juice and zest, 100g caster sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and the ginger. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the rhubarb is soft and cooked, but still holds its shape.
- Meanwhile, scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and mix these into the yoghurt with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Serve the warm rhubarb topped with a large dollop of vanilla yoghurt.
Source: Jamie Oliver