“You don’t even need scales for this simply delicious pancake recipe – a cup or mug will do it! ”
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 250 g natural yoghurt
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 lime
- Peel and add the bananas to a bowl, mash with a fork, then add the coconut and yoghurt, and mix well.
- Crack the egg into a large mixing bowl, add the flour, milk and a pinch of sea salt, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Slice the mangos away from their stones. Score a crisscross pattern into the flesh and push outwards so that you can easily slice it off the skin.
- Put half the butter into a large frying pan and place over a medium heat. Once melted, use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan. Each ladleful will make 1 pancake – they’re quite small, so you can cook several at a time.
- Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then flip them over.
- When the pancakes are golden on both sides, transfer them to a plate.
- Carefully wipe the pan clean with a ball of kitchen paper, add the remaining butter and start again – keep going until all the batter is used up.
- Serve straight away, topped with a dollop of flavoured yoghurt, the fresh mango, and wedges of lime for squeezing over
Source: Jamie Oliver