“These little lemon biscuits are so delicious and easy – you’ll never need to buy biccies again! ”
- 125 g butter , at room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 lemons , zest of
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- plain flour , for dusting
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- These biscuits are dead easy to make and perfect for a simple gift. If you fancy jazzing them up for Christmas, try using an orange in place of the lemons and add a pinch of cinnamon to your demerara – lovely and festive!
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt and mix until you have a ball of dough. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours, or until firm.
Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface until ½cm thick. Cut out shapes and place on a greaseproofed tray. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Source: Jamie Oliver