“These flavours and textures work so well together and make a really impressive, easy dessert ”
- 1 bottle grappa , chilled
- 2-3 bunches frozen grapes
- a few bars good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- If you’re having a nice night with mates and there’s good wine and some conversation happening then I think this is a lovely thing to bring out a few hours after dinner.
- It’s like a sorbet, but without the work. Fiery chilled grappa, good-quality chocolate and delicious frozen grapes are a great little combo that show you care and you’ve made a bit of effort. You could either use dark chocolate or a mixture of different flavours, depending on what you fancy.
- Put your bottle of grappa and the grapes in the freezer about 2 to 3 hours before you want to serve them. Right before serving; give your bars of chocolate a good whack against the counter to break them up into large chunks.
- Pile these chunks in the middle of a nice wooden board, arrange your frozen grapes beside them and serve with a nice little glass of grappa to sip on while you watch the grapes and chocolate disappear. So simple, but such a treat.
Source: Jamie Oliver