“This fluffy American-style one-cup pancake recipe is hard to beat – it couldn’t be easier to remember and it works like a charm every time. Have fun with it by switching up the fruit; strawberries, apples, blackberries, blueberries and bananas are all delicious, too. ”
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 pear
- olive oil or unsalted butter
- natural yoghurt
- runny honey
- Put the flour, milk, egg and a pinch of sea salt into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Once combined, grate in the pear (core and all), then gently stir through.
- Drizzle a splash of oil or place a knob of butter into a large pan on a medium heat, then add the batter, a spoonful at a time – you’ll need to work in batches, cooking them for a few minutes, or until golden on the bottom, then flipping over and cooking for a few minutes more until they’re done.
- When they are golden and fluffy, serve them right away with a dollop of natural yoghurt and some runny honey drizzled all over the top.
If you sweeten the batter, thicken it with just a little more flour then pour them into a Yorkshire pudding or muffin tin as they also make the most delicious muffins.
Source: Jamie Oliver