“A killer mix of creamy banoffee pie and crunchy meringue, these little cups are great for parties ”
- 4 shop-bought meringues , broken up
- 250 g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 100 g hazelnuts , toasted and crushed
- 3 ripe bananas , sliced
- 450 g dulce de leche toffee sauce
- 300 ml double cream , whipped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Unroll the pastry and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool, then snap up into pieces. Divide the pieces between the tea or coffee cups.
- Fill up the cups with alternate layers of hazelnuts (set some aside to decorate), banana slices, spoonfuls of dulce de leche, dollops of cream and bits of meringue.
- Sprinkle with the reserved hazelnuts, to serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver