“A hint of apple makes this cranberry sauce the perfect partner for goose and duck, as well as turkey. You can make it well in advance, so you don’t have to worry about it while you’re cooking lunch. Pop some in a sterilised jar as a lovely home-made Christmas gift that’s sure to impress. ”
- 500 g cranberries , fresh cranberries or frozen ones (defrosted)
- 2 bramley apples , peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in a wide saucepan and add a splash of water.
- Put the pan on the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the cranberries have burst and the apple has softened.
- Boil down until the mixture thickens slightly, then take off the heat and leave to cool.
- If giving as a gift, divide between air-tight sterilised jars (see the how to video below) and give out to all your friends. Once opened, store in the fridge.
Source: Jamie Oliver