Today I’m going to share my recipe for simple summertime iced coffee. It’s cold, sweet, and nutty with a strong coffee flavor. After having 1 glass of iced coffee on a hot afternoon, you’ll feel incredibly refreshed. It’s a shot of cool energy!
I’ve been making iced coffee like this for a long time, and have always used Maxim brand coffee with “prima” powdered cream. When I lived in Korea, most people drank instant coffee and brewed coffee was not easy to find. But you can use your own local variation on these ingredients. The important part is that the coffee shouldn’t be flavored, but it should be strong!
Enjoy the summertime, and have some delicious iced coffee!
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons powdered creamer
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Combine the coffee, powdered creamer, honey, and the water in a quick shaker.
- Cover and shake for about 30 seconds Until mixed well.
- Pour into a glass and add the ice cubes. Stir well and serve.
How to make iced coffee without a quick shaker:
The ingredients are the same, but instead of 1 cup cold water, use ¼ cup hot water and ¾ cup cold water.
- Combine the coffee, powdered creamer, and honey in a glass.
- Mix with the hot water with a spoon until well mixed.
- Add the cold water and ice cubes. Stir well and serve.