Dumpling pastry pizza is a great way to use up leftover dumpling pastry. It makes a great snack or light meal!
I found that some Koreans make simple pizzas with dumpling pastry (만두피) at home. It is very quick to make as long as you can get the dumpling pastry easily. You can buy some at a supermarket in Korea for about 1,300 won (US $1.40) for 260g of pre-made dumpling pastry.
Below is a picture of dumpling pastry package. (I bought the pastry that contains green tea powder, which is a little bit more expensive than the plain wheat flour pastry.) – You can use either types of pastry.
The pizza texture is quite similar to tortilla pizza. Hope you like it!
Ingredients for Dumpling Pastry Pizza (Makes 12 small pizzas)
- 7 black pitted olives, thinly sliced
- 2 sausages, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum / bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 12 sheets dumpling pastry
- 4 Tbsp tomato sauce (Ketchup) or pizza sauce
* You can alter the toppings per your preference.
How to Make Dumpling Pastry Pizza
1. Paste the tomato sauce on the pastries. Place the pastry on the oven tray. (this way, you don’t spill the toppings.). Add the toppings on the top of the pastries as you like.
2. Bake them on 210˚C for 10 minutes. (The time and the temperature is based on this small toaster oven)
If you don’t have an oven, you can bake them on the frying pan with some oil. (Bake them until the cheese melts, usually it takes about 5-6 minutes over low heat.) I tried this way too and it wasn’t as convenient as oven baking. It still tasted good though.
Also, if you want, here’s another way to use up leftover dumpling wrappers – dumpling churros.