Steamed egg cooked in an earthenware bowl is called ttukbaegi gyeranjjim because ttukbaegi means “earthenware bowl” in English and gyeranjjim means “steamed egg mixture.” The good thing about this dish is that you can serve it like stew or soup, it’s delicious either way. I posted my gyeranjjim recipe a few years ago but I used my microwave oven instead a stove.
Enjoy fluffy hot ttukbaegi gyeranjjim!
Eggs, chicken broth, fish sauce, green onion, toasted sesame oil.
- Add 1½ cups of chicken broth to a 3 cup earthenware bowl. Boil over medium high heat.
- Add 3 cracked eggs and 1 egg yolk to a bowl.
- Add 1 ts fish sauce and 2 tbs chopped green onion to the eggs. Beat well.
- When the chicken broth starts boiling, lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add the egg mixture to the simmering broth and stir it well with a fork well for 10 seconds.
- Close the lid and simmer another 4-5 minutes until the egg mixture sizzles and has a texture like soft tofu.
- Open the lid and turn off the heat. Drizzle 2 ts toasted sesame oil and sprinkle 1 tbs chopped green onion over top.
Serve hot as a side dish with rice.