- ½ cup of flour
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1ts kosher salt
- 1 egg
- green onions
- chili pepper
- 2/3 cup of chopped scallop and shrimp
- vegetable oil
- In a big bowl, place ½ cup of flour, 1 ts kosher salt, 2/3 cup of water and mix it.
- Chop ½ cup green onions and 3 cup of Asian chives, and shred zucchini to make ½ cup. Total cups of vegetables will be 4 cups
- Put chopped vegetables into the mixture of flour and mix it up.
- Chop 2/3 cup of shrimp, scallop, or squid (optional)
- In a big heated pan, put some oil and spread the vegetable pancake batter thinly and lower the heat down to medium.
- Place the chopped seafood over the top and press it with a spoon or spatula.
- When the pancake is cooked about 80 %, beat one egg and spread it in the center of the pancake and turn it over using spatula or flip it
- Add more oil if needed, and serve it hot with dipping sauce by mixing 1 tbs of soy sauce and ½ tbs of vinegar.
*tip: To make it crispier, add oil more generously and spread the pancake mixture thinly. If your pan is not big enough, I suggest making 2 pancakes.
Buchujeon with large shrimp