red bean paste, sweet rice flour, boiling water, sugar, pine nuts, cinnamon powder.
- In a pot, place 1 cup of washed red beans and 4 cups of water and heat it over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low medium and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Check if the beans are cooked fully. Remove extra water from the beans and crush them with a wooden spoon or use your food processor to grind it.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 ts of kosher salt, 1 ts of cinnamon powder into the red bean paste and set it aside.
- Put the red bean paste in a pot.
- Pour some water (about 4- 5 cups) and 1 cup of sugar (depends on your taste) and boil it.
- Mix one cup of sweet rice powder, a pinch of salt and 1 tbs of sugar in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup-1 cup of hot water in “3” and mix it with a spoon first and fold it by hand to make dough. (The amount of hot water varies depending on the dryness of sweet rice powder you use, so first use ½ cup of hot water to make your dough and put more hot water while kneading the dough)
- Make small rice balls with the dough about 0.5 cm diameter.
- When the red bean soup boils, add the rice balls and cook it.
- Keep stirring the soup and it will get thicker.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and add a few pine nuts on top and sprinkle some cinnamon powder and serve it.