An easy veggie salad to serve at barbecues, or to batch cook for packed lunches.
Each serving provides 597 kcal, 21.5g protein, 70g carbohydrate (of which 13g sugars), 24g fat (of which 9g saturates), 10g fibre and 1.3g salt.
For the griddled veg
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 1 aubergine, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, thickly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the couscous
- 300g/10½oz couscous
- 300ml/10fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped flatleaf parsley
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g/7oz feta, crumbled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat or prepare your barbecue until medium hot.
Mix the onions, courgettes, aubergine and peppers in a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Season well with salt and pepper and mix well.
Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl. Pour in the stock, stir and cover with cling film. Soak for 12–15 minutes.
Griddle or barbecue the vegetables in batches for 8–10 minutes, or until just tender.
Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then add the herbs, vinegar and grilled vegetables. Stir well, then spoon onto a large platter. Sprinkle with the feta and chilli and serve.