A nutritious and satisfying vegan couscous salad packed with colour, flavour and texture, from dried cranberries, pistachios and pine nuts.
- 225g/8oz couscous, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 8 small preserved lemons, flesh and rind finely chopped
- 180g/6⅓oz dried cranberries
- 120g/4⅓oz pine nuts, toasted
- 160g/5¾oz unsalted shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 125ml/4fl oz olive oil
- 60g/2¼oz flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 80g/2¾oz rocket leaves
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together except the rocket, then taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt if necessary. Toss in the rocket and serve immediately.
Couscous salads are great to make ahead for easy entertaining or weekday lunches. It will keep well for a few days in the fridge.