“Try to get hold of Tipo ‘00’ – this is a very finely sieved flour which is normally used for making egg pasta or cakes. In Italy it’s called farina di grano tenero, which means ‘tender’ or ‘soft’ flour. I normally use eggs to make my pasta, as here – you can either use 6 eggs or if you want to make it richer and more yellow use 12 yolks. ”
- 600 g Tipo ’00’ flour
- 6 large free-range eggs , or 12 large free-range egg yolks
- Place the flour on a board or in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into it.
- Using a fork, beat the eggs until smooth. Mix together with the flour as much as possible so it’s not too sticky.
- Flour each hand and begin to knead. This is the bit where you can let all your emotions out, so go for it! What you want to end up with is a nice piece of smooth, silky, elastic dough.
- Cover it with clingfilm and leave it to rest for about half an hour in the fridge before rolling and shaping it.
Source: Jamie Oliver