- 350 g ripe mixed-colour tomatoes
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil (15g)
- ½-1 fresh red chilli
- ½ x 125 g ball of mozzarella
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Finely slice the tomatoes, arrange over a sharing platter, then dress with a little extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt and black pepper.
- Pick most of the basil leaves into a pestle and mortar, pound with a pinch of salt into a paste, then muddle in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to make a basil oil.
- Finely slice the chilli. Finely chop the mozzarella.
- Place a 26cm non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with ½ a tablespoon of olive oil. Beat and pour in the eggs, then stir regularly with a rubber spatula, moving the eggs gently around the pan.
- When they’re lightly scrambled but still loose, stop stirring and scatter the mozzarella in the centre, then drizzle over the basil oil.
- Let the bottom of the eggs set for 1 minute, then – technique time – pick up the pan, tilt it down and, with your other hand, keep tapping your wrist until it shakes the eggs up the side of the pan; use the spatula to flip it back to the middle, then fold the top half back over, too. Turn it upside down on to the tomato platter, set side up.
- Slice down the centre to reveal the oozy scrambled eggs in the middle. Scatter over the chilli (as much as you dare!) and remaining basil leaves, and tuck on in.
Source: Jamie Oliver