- 2 shallots
- 4 rashers of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- olive oil
- 500 g frozen peas
- 700 ml organic chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ a bunch of fresh chervil
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- extra virgin olive oil , optional
- Peel and roughly chop the shallots, then finely slice the bacon.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and fry the bacon for 4 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, then add the peas, stirring to coat everything in the bacon oil.
- Pour in the stock, bring it to a simmer and let it bubble away for about 5 minutes.
- Pick and add most of the chervil, then blitz with a stick blender until super-smooth. Season to taste and allow to cool.
- Dividing between bowls, then serve with a dollop of crème fraîche, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (if using) and the remaining chervil scattered over.
Source: Jamie Oliver