“My easy homemade pasta recipe is great for emergencies. You don’t need a pasta machine, just a rolling pin. ”
- 2 large handfuls of plain flour , plus extra for dusting
- Put the flour in a bowl, then gradually mix in just enough water to bring it together into a ball of dough (if it’s sticky, add a little extra flour).
- Knead for just a couple of minutes, or until smooth and shiny.
- On a flour-dusted surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the pasta to about 2mm thick.
- Dust it well with flour, then loosely roll it up. Use a sharp knife to slice it ½cm thick, then toss it with your hands to separate the strands.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and toss with your chosen sauce.
Source: Jamie Oliver