“This peppery dip is a great way to enjoy your favourite veg. ”
- 1 banana shallot
- 400 g watercress
- 25 g butter
- 100 g ricotta
- ½ a lemon
- Tabasco sauce
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 300 g asparagus
- 300 g baby spring carrots
- 1 small bunch of radishes
- 300 g new potatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel and finely chop the shallot, then wash the watercress, removing any large stalks.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the shallot and sauté for 10 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add the watercress and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the watercress is wilted but still bright green.
- Tip the mixture into a sieve and press down to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Return to the pan and stir in the ricotta and a squeeze of lemon. Warm through, season with sea salt and black pepper and add a dash of Tabasco.
- Blitz the mixture in a food processor until smooth, then transfer to a bowl.
- Whip the cream until quite stiff, then fold into the watercress mixture. Leave in the fridge to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Click off the woody ends from the asparagus, trim the carrots (leave the skin on) and radishes, then cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Toss all the veg with the oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season.
- Place in a baking tray and pop in the oven for 45 minutes, or until cooked and slightly caramelised.
- Remove the veg from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- Serve the dip in a bowl alongside the veg with extra watercress, crackerbread and a pinch of smoked sea salt, if you like.
Source: Jamie Oliver