- 2 large potatoes
- ½ a red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium beetroots
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- Coarsely grate the potatoes, then squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Peel and finely slice the onion, peel and crush the garlic, then lightly toast the cumin in a dry pan. Peel and coarsely grate the beetroot.
- Combine the potatoes, onion and garlic in a large bowl, add the cumin and season. Use your hands to shape into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the rostis over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes on each side, turning carefully and adding more oil, if needed.
- Combine the grated beetroot and horseradish in a bowl and serve on top of the rostis.
Source: Jamie Oliver