- 250 g large beetroot
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 50 g coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1 tesapoon smoked paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Peel and thinly slice the beetroot, then place in a bowl. Pick in the thyme leaves, and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Spread out on lined baking trays and roast for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Allow to cool.
- Peel and crush the garlic into a blender, then pour in the chickpeas with their juices.
- Add the remaining ingredients with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and blitz until smooth.
- Season, then tip into a small bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with the crisps. Any leftover houmous will keep in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Source: Jamie Oliver