“This is a great quick meal at any time of the day. Eggs are a fantastic, affordable source of protein, helping our muscles to grow and repair and helping us to feel fuller for longer. Serve your omelette with wholemeal bread and a simple tomato salad for a healthy, balanced meal. ”
- 2 large free-range eggs
- olive oil
- 10 g Cheddar cheese
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then beat well with a fork until fully combined.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up.
- Grate the cheese onto a board and set aside.
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the hot pan, then carefully pour in the eggs.
- Tilt the pan to spread them out evenly, using a fork to swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese.
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
- When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette onto a plate. Delicious with a tomato salad and wholemeal bread.
- PRINT THIS RECIPE (UK)
PRINT THIS RECIPE (USA)
Omelettes don’t always need to be folded in half with the filling inside, you can leave the omelette open and sprinkle over your favourite ingredients before finishing it under a hot grill until it’s bubbling and delicious.
Source: Jamie Oliver