- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- 4 spring onions
- ½–1 lime
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 400 g tin of black beans
- olive oil
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1 knob of butter
- Make a fast and simple salsa by chopping the tomatoes, peppers and spring onions together on a big board.
- Squeeze over the juice from half a lime, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season, then use the knife to chop and mix it all together. Taste and add more lime juice if needed.
- Drain and pour the black beans into a small saucepan, season, drizzle with olive oil and heat through gently.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, toast the tortillas one at a time on both sides until charred, then keep warm under a clean tea towel or foil.
- Fry the eggs in a little butter and oil, keeping the yolks nice and soft.
- Pop 2 tortillas on each plate and top with beans, salsa and an egg. Serve with salsa verde fresco for a bit of attitude.
Source: Jamie Oliver