“Hailing from Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, this salad brings together fruit, veg and crispy tofu. ”
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 bunch of radishes
- ½ a cucumber
- ½ a ripe pineapple
- 125 g beansprouts
- 125 g baby spinach
- 350 g firm tofu
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 100 g unsalted peanuts
- groundnut oil
- 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tesapoon tamarind
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- For the dressing, combine the zest from 1 lime and all of the lime juice with the remaining dressing ingredients. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Transfer to a jug and set aside.
- Slice the cheeks from the mango and finely slice each one into lengths, removing the skin. Finely slice the radishes, then deseed and cut the cucumber into cubes. Peel the pineapple and cut into 1cm cubes.
- Add it all to a bowl along with the beansprouts and spinach.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes. Finely slice the chilli. Toast the peanuts in a dry medium frying pan, then tip into a bowl.
- Return the pan to a medium heat with a little oil and the tofu. Fry for about 10 minutes, or until deep golden on all sides.
- Remove and leave to drain on kitchen paper, then scatter it on top of the fruit. Drizzle over the dressing and top with the toasted peanuts and a little red chilli.
Source: Jamie Oliver