- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 100 g blue cheese
- 1 whole nutmeg , for grating
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5.
- Rub the sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and leave to cool.
- Peel and finely slice the onions. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 26cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion, pop on the lid and cook for 20 minutes, or until soft. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Crumble in the cheese, then add the onion, and scoops of sweet potato flesh, discarding the skin. Add a good grating of nutmeg, then season.
- Wipe out the pan and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the egg mixture and fry over a medium heat until the eggs start to settle and cook.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 more minutes, then transfer to the oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Delicious served with a seasonal salad.
EASY SWAPS: Support our British cheeses – swap Stichelton into this recipe in place of the blue cheese. Super-creamy and rich (but mellower in flavour than many other blues) Stichelton is wonderful crumbled in a salad and melts beautifully grilled on a slice of sourdough.
Source: Jamie Oliver