- 1 handful of herbs, such as fresh thyme, rosemary, sage
- 2 onions
- 500 g potatoes
- 750 g celeriac
- 2 tablepsoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400 ml organic vegetable stock
- 50 g unsalted butter
- stale breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Pick and finely chop the herbs, then peel and thinly slice the onions, potatoes and celeriac.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onions with most of the herbs until soft.
- Cut the garlic in half and rub over a baking dish, then layer the potatoes in a dish with the onions and celeriac and season well.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and top with knobs of butter, then cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the rest of the herbs and a drizzle of oil.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
Source: Jamie Oliver