“Super-tasty and easy to knock together, this healthy egg brekkie is a real winner. ”
- 1 red pepper
- 4 spring onions
- ½ a ripe avocado
- olive oil
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- ½ a fresh red chilli
- a few sprigs of fresh soft herbs, such as parsley, mint, coriander
- Halve and deseed the pepper, then slice into fine strips. Trim and finely slice the spring onions, then destone, peel and chop the avocado.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the spring onions, avocado and pepper and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly charred.
- Using a speed-peeler, peel the skin from the sweet potato, then continue peeling into fine ribbons. Add to the pan, tossing with the charred veg, and fry for 3 minutes, or until the sweet potato ribbons start to char.
- Spread the veg evenly in the pan, then use the back of a spoon to push and dig out two pockets. Crack an egg into each one, then tilt the pan so the whites run into the veg and bind everything together.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, cover with a lid or tin foil, then reduce the heat to medium–low and let the eggs cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how runny you like your yolks.
- Meanwhile, deseed and finely chop the chilli, and pick and roughly chop the herbs.
- Spoon the mixture onto a plate, dollop with cottage cheese and sprinkle over the chilli and herbs, then tuck in!
Source: Jamie Oliver