- 16 asparagus spears
- 25 g broad beans
- 40 g Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 handful of watercress or rocket
- MUSHROOM MAYONNAISE
- 200 g button mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 40 g mayonnaise , made using free-range eggs
- Make your mushroom mayo the day before. Blitz the mushrooms, vinegar and ½ tablespoon of sea salt in a food processor until combined.
- Line a colander with a piece of cheesecloth and sit it over a bowl. Spoon the mixture into the cheesecloth and leave it overnight to strain the liquid.
- The next day, lift the cheesecloth with the mixture inside and squeeze out the last of the liquid. Discard the solids, stir the mayonnaise through the liquid, then set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cook the asparagus spears for 3 minutes or until they begin to char, then turn them and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pod the broad beans and divide between four plates with the asparagus.
- Grate the cheese over the top and drizzle with the oil. Serve with the salad leaves on the side and a dollop of the mushroom mayonnaise.
Source: Jamie Oliver