- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 g tofu
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 200 g spring greens
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ a lemon
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Peel and finely slice the onion. Peel the garlic, then finely chop 1 of the cloves and finely slice the rest. Cut the tofu into cubes. Finely slice the chilli, and shred the spring greens.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add the onion and chopped garlic, and cook gently until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the ground coriander and cumin, cayenne and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and half a tin of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the tofu until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Drain, rinse and stir the chickpeas into the tomato sauce, heat through, then add the paprika, garam masala, lemon juice and seasoning to taste, plus more water if it looks too dry. Add the tofu.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and fry gently to release the aroma, then add sliced garlic and chilli.
- When the garlic begins to brown, add the spring greens and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until just cooked. Serve with the tofu and chickpea curry.
Source: Jamie Oliver