- 300 g leeks
- olive oil
- 3 slices of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- 75 g Cheddar cheese
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1 x 20 cm precooked pastry case
- green salad , to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Trim and finely slice the leeks, then sautée with a splash of oil until soft and sticky.
- Chop the bacon, then fry in a separate pan until golden. Coarsely grate the cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, then stir through the cheese, milk, leeks, bacon and a good pinch of seasoning.
- Place the pastry case onto a baking sheet, then pour the mixture into the case and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Delicious served with a mixed green salad.
Source: Jamie Oliver