- 200 g higher-welfare bacon
- 2 onions
- olive oil
- 500 g podded baby broad beans
- 100 ml organic vegetable stock
- 1 handful of wild fennel
- 4 slices of ciabatta
- Slice the bacon, then peel and finely chop the onion. Add to a frying pan over a medium heat with 4 tablespoons of oil. Fry until softened.
- Stir in the beans, add the stock, then season.
- Reduce the heat and simmer till the beans are tender, but hold their shape.
- Toast the ciabatta on a griddle pan for a minute on each side.
- Take the beans off the heat, chop and stir in the wild fennel and serve on the ciabatta.
Source: Jamie Oliver