Simply cooked with delicate fresh herbs, lemon and tomatoes, this whole roasted trout is a real treat. ”
- 1 onion
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh dill , (30g)
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley , (30g)
- olive oil
- 1 x 1.5kg whole trout , scaled and pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- 50 g unsalted butter , at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Peel the onion and finely slice with the tomatoes and lemon. Roughly chop the dill and parsley (stalks and all).
- Drizzle a large baking tray with oil, scatter over a third of the sliced tomato, lemon and herbs, then top with the fish, seasoning the cavity and skin with sea salt and black pepper.
- Stuff the cavity with another third of the sliced tomato, lemon and herbs, then scatter the remaining third over the top – arranging a few tomatoes around the fish. Dot with butter, then drizzle all over with 2 tablespoons of oil and a twist of black pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, or until just cooked through. Delicious served with samphire.
Source: Jamie Oliver