“Use wild or thin asparagus such as sprue – the spears from the first picking. ”
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- 1 bunch of small asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Beat the eggs with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 19cm ovenproof frying pan or cast-iron dish over a medium heat. Trim and add the asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, cook for 3 minutes then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and fluffy.
- Serve hot or cold, with a drizzle of hot sauce, such as harissa, if you like.
Source: Jamie Oliver