- 2 x 200 g free-range chicken thighs , skin on, bone in
- 150 g fine rice noodles
- 200 g sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chilli jam
- Pull the skin off the chicken. Place the skin in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat to render and get golden, turning occasionally.
- Cut the bones out of the thighs and chuck into the pan for bonus flavour, then chop the meat into 2cm pieces.
- Move the skin and bones to one side of the pan, then add the meat alongside and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Once crispy, remove, chop and reserve the skin, discarding the bones.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Halve the sugar snaps lengthways.
- Once soft, drain the noodles, reserving a mugful of cooking water, then refresh under cold water.
- Use scissors to snip the noodles into roughly 8cm lengths.
- Stir the Worcestershire sauce and chilli jam into the chicken pan and let the jam melt, then add the sugar snaps and noodles.
- Toss over the heat for 2 minutes, adding a splash of reserved noodle water to loosen, if needed.
- Taste and season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, then dish up and sprinkle over the reserved crispy chicken skin.
Source: Jamie Oliver