- 3 red endive or chicory
- 3 white endive or chicory
- 100 g shelled walnuts
- 1 tablepsoon runny honey
- ½ a clove of garlic
- 1 quality anchovy
- 150 g fat-free natural yoghurt
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a lemon
- a few fresh sprigs of tarragon
- fresh sprigs of chevril
- fresh sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 green apple
- Snap the chicory or endive leaves apart, wash well, then spin dry.
- Toast the walnuts in a pan on a medium heat until turning golden, then add the honey to the pan and give it a shake so they get evenly coated.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, peel the garlic and chop as finely as you can along with the anchovy.
- Put in a bowl with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, the yoghurt, a generous drizzle of oil and the lemon juice.
- Taste to check the seasoning, then pick and finely chop the herbs and add them too.
- Cut the apple into matchsticks, and toss through the dressing with the endive and cooled walnuts.
Source: Jamie Oliver