- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large pear
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 50 g stilton
- 400 g gnocchi
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, then peel, core and cut the pear into 2cm slices. Pick and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat and add the garlic. Once lightly golden, add the pear and reduce the heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened slightly.
- Add the crème fraîche and stilton, and heat until the cheese melts.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes – they’re done when they rise to the surface; use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the frying pan.
- Add enough cooking water to loosen the sauce. Toss to coat, season well, add the parsley and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver