- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 large free-range chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 spring onions
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry 20cm non-stick frying pan on a medium heat until lightly golden, then remove to a plate.
- Still on the heat, sit the wings in the pan – they should fit snugly. Let them colour for 1 minute on each side, then add the teriyaki and just cover the wings with water.
- Halve the chilli lengthways and add to the pan. Simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the sauce is nice and sticky, turning occasionally.
- Add a splash of red wine vinegar to the pan and jiggle around to pick up the gnarly bits.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions, scatter them over the chicken with the toasted sesame seeds, and get stuck in.
Source: Jamie Oliver