- 4 courgettes
- 70-100 ml olive oil , plus an extra splash
- 100 g almonds
- 1 clove of garlic
- a few sprigs of fresh basil
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- ½ a lemon
- 300 g rocket
- Trim and julienne the courgettes, then pop the courgette ‘spaghetti’ in a colander with a splash of oil and a pinch of sea salt. Toss, then set aside over a bowl to drain for 10 minutes.
- For the pesto, toast the almonds, then pulse with the garlic in a food processor. Pick in the basil leaves, grate in the parmesan, squeeze in the lemon juice and most of the rocket (saving some to serve) and pulse to form a paste.
- Slowly add the oil and pulse again until smooth. Season and toss the pesto through the courgette. Scatter over the saved rocket and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver