- 8 large free-range eggs
- 25 g smoked salmon
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill , plus extra for serving
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon , (20ml juice)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- In a saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Simmer for 6 minutes, then drain and pop the eggs in cold water to cool.
- Peel and halve them lengthways, scoop the yolks into a bowl and roughly mash. Set aside.
- Make your mayonnaise. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice with an electric whisk until frothy.
- Combine the oils in a jug, then drizzle them into the egg mixture, whisking constantly until combined. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add 60g of mayo to the egg yolks (refrigerate the rest for up to a few days).
- Finely chop and stir in the salmon and dill fronds, then add the cayenne pepper and mash to combine.
- Spoon into the egg whites, top with extra dill and serve immediately.
Source: Jamie Oliver