- 6 cloves of garlic
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 170 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 160 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 150 g beansprouts
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 160 g quality smoked salmon
- CHILLI SAUCE
- 5 golden shallots , (160g)
- 180 g palm sugar
- 180 g long red chillies
- peanut oil
- 20 ml fish sauce
- 1 lime
- First make your chilli sauce, peel and finely slice the shallots, and grate the palm sugar. Finely chop the chillies.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a small saucepan, add the shallots and chilli and sauté over a low heat until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the palm sugar and 20ml of water, increase the heat to high and bring it to the boil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until caramelised.
Add the fish sauce and a the lime juice, then remove from the heat. Set aside until needed (you won’t need it all for this dish but the rest will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks).
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and finely grate the ginger, then halve the broccoli and Brussels lengthways.
- Heat 50ml of oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat, add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and brussels sprouts and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes.
Stir in the fish sauce, put the lid on the pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender. Add the beansprouts and toss to combine. Divide between four serving plates.
- Wipe out the pan and return it to the heat, add a splash of oil and let it get nice and hot. In a bowl, whisk two eggs with a pinch of sea salt, pour them into the pan and swirl to coat it in a thin layer.
- Cook until the eggs are just set, then lay half of the salmon on top and roll up to enclose. Slice the rolls in half and set aside. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another omelette roll.
- Arrange the pieces of omelette on top of the vegetables and serve with a little chilli sauce on the side.
Source: Jamie Oliver